Wednesday 30 December 2020

CO-INCIDENCES

 I am currently researching a gentleman called Samuel Hinde who lived in Old Whittington mid 1700's until his death in 1809. He owned much of the area on Newbridge Lane down towards the canal, including the Foxley Oaks area, many other pieces of land in Whittington and it is not a name I was familiar with.

Imagine my surprise yesterday when I visited the churchyard at Old Whittington to look for the Hinde graves and bumped into two ladies who were looking for the same graves. They are descendants of Samuel Hinde and we were able to exchange information about him. It was a coincidence that we should all have chosen the same time to visit the churchyard.
We found the graves and I hope to be able to post more information about Samuel Hinde and Foxley Oaks in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment